Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Matters of the Heart...

Well, I've just come back from my cardiology appointment. I've had heart palpitations since a very young age and i have to do annual checks to make sure my condition doesn't develop into more serious problems like heart disease or something. (Though i have to say that I've been neglecting to check up on myself in recent years. According to the health centre's records, the last time i was there was in 2003, which is 6 years ago.)

(By the way, i just have to mention this bit-because i think it shows so much of my "character". Yesterday, i was going through all the different settings on this blog and there was one that said advanced posting option. I thought it sounded great--and so i clicked. And it is! It has all these features like strike-through, and resetting the width of the post and everything. But it was lacking in one feature: SPELLCHECK! I tell you, i can not live without spellcheck. I know this is tragic, since I'm going to be an English student-but honestly! I tend to get hyper when i write---meaning I'll type very fast-meaning there'll be a gazillion mistakes. Spellcheck enables me not to spend a hour proofreading a blog post. It's my live saver! Anyway--the moral of the story is that i switched back to the old posting option. So hopefully, this post and every single one on this blog will be spell-error free!)

Anyway-I got there at 4pm and was led into a small room by this very curvy lady. I know she's curvy not because I'm a pervert or that I play for the other side or that i simply know to acknowledge the beauty of a woman's body-but that she was dressed in a very low cut sundress in a vintage flower pattern with a humongous bow tie that went around her tiny waist. I am completely serious. Is it just me or is this a slightly uncommon attire for members of medical institutions while they are at work? Don't medical practitioners usually wear white lab coats?

I am just saying-I felt a little under dressed in my graphic tee and pants.

So there i am, standing with my bag on a stool beside me. Then she went, "Please take off your shirt."

Having done this many times-I wasn't shocked by this or anything. But I felt so self-conscious, I'd think anyone would if they just stood in their underwear in front a fully dressed person (those i quite like mine. I got it on sale from La Senza. It's like a very nude pink but it's got lace all around and a pair of little bells in the middle.) Besides, i think her waist was at least 22inches or something. Because it looked smaller than mine and the skinniest part of my waist is 24inches. Maybe the bow is really tight or something. But still! My waist was always my favorite part of my body. Mostly, fat goes on my thighs. I mean, i can wear a size 0 skirt but my jeans are always either size 2 or 4, depending on the store.

Anyway-so she rubbed this sticky clear gel on where she's going to attach the wires and then stuck like 5 rubber stickers on my chest. Then she plugged the wired into the stickers and connected the other ends of the wires to a machine. And that was it. Well, then she had to put the machine in a waist bag which went around my waist. God she tied it so tight i swear my waist was probably 22 inches at that point too. Anyway-I retied it once i got home so i could actually breathe. But that was the end of the whole thing.

When I got home, i checked ROSI again and was pleseantly surprised. I was on the waiting list for Human Nature (hmm... maybe i should change this blog name to Human Nature?) but I've moved up enough that I've been given a spot! The only sad thing is, I used to have no classes on Mondays-but now I do. But that's the price i'll have to pay. I really wanted to take that course.

It's 5:29pm and i still haven't had lunch. Merlin, I'm starving! But there's nothing to eat in the house... I had waffles with ice cream this morning. I'm kinda tired of sweets. I need something meaty-like BBQ ribs or something. Merlinnnn--i'm so hungry! I'll have to raid the fridge once i'm doing posting this.

Oh--here's today's FAVE ITEM:

-quality earphones.

I usually prefer BOSE-but really as long as they're superb quality, i don't mind. A lot of people think deep bass is good-but that's only when you're at a club or dance. Bass drowns out all the finer details of music! I myself LOVE the ones that elimenates outside sound. They are fantastic. When i listen to music, I want to enjoy all of it. Having quality earphones means you getting closer to the real thing: live performance. Also, bass kills your eardrums! I've still got a good 3/4 of life to live-so I want my ears to last.

-JOSHUA BELL

I know he's not an itme. But he was and i had the funds, i would buy him. I love love love this man. In fact, I'm going to see him again this Sept! I am so psyched for this! (Also, i'd also like to buy Rain, Jaejoong and Ayu. Oh, and Tom Felton.)

Ok-my stomach is practically eating itself up. i have to go hunt for rations now.

Until my tummy is full,

MyWay25

No comments:

Post a Comment