Monday, August 31, 2009

As Promised...

I am back!

Today's been a hell of a day. Without going into too much detail-let's just say that it is common for 17 year olds to argue with their parents, but that in my case-my side with completely and utterly justified. Some people are just too stubborn and/or too prideful to admit they were wrong. Therefore, this nasty atmosphere usually lasts for around 10 hours-unless something worse happenes or the adult pretneds to be forgiving says "You know it was you fault. Don't do it again." or something to that effect.

Let me just add that I can not wait for total independece to fall upon me. Sure, it's s harsh world out there. But Merlin, I am sick of fighting all the time!

Anyway---I was hugry and both parties were too mad to cook anything so i snacked on ice cream. It was very fulfilling and it made me cold. Perhaps I should think about making those waffles?

Onto another matter, here is the section with the "quote" thing i mentioned in the last post. This is exactly as it originally appears:


Use the same font and size for all text, including quotes.

In North American "usage," commas and period go inside the closing "quote mark"; semi-colons and colons go outside the closing "quote mark." If your sentence ends with a parenthetical citation, the period goes after the "citation" (45).

Titles of works published on their own, such as Ariel, should appear underlined or in italics; works published as part of larger works, for example "Daddy" in Ariel, appear in quote marks.

OK, am I wrong for pointing these out? I'm not trying to slash a prof or anything---but i will be learning Lit from the man, i should be familiar with his style. Perhaps he doesn't particularly care if i use "quote" or "quotation". But "quote" is a verb!

All in all, this is very confusing...

This afternoon, I went to Walmart and got some cleaning supplies. When i got home, i spent a good hour cleaning the bathroom. You would not believe the soap scales that i had to scrube off! And also the toilet bowl. It's probably indecent to write about these things online-but the dirt and rust in that thing are so stubborn! At least i bought one of those "Cleans while you flush" tablets. Hopefully, that'll keep the thing clean.

What else is there?

Oh yes! On the way back from Walmart-I had an idea.

From now on, everytime i make a new post, i shall list one of my favoriate things. Not super pricy couture or some other monstrosity-but everyday items. So here's today's

-Febreeze

I REALLY love that stuff. I got two cans of it today and I plan on spraying it all over the house. I love it!

-Agendas

There's just something so nice about writing down everything you have to do. It makes planning so easy-and you rarely make mistakes! Time-conflict wise. My agenda is olive green and tough leather. It's got everything in it: contacts, useful websites, random but important info, To-Do and To-Buy lists, appointments, etc. Seriously, if I lost that i'm doomed.

A week ago, I got one for 2010. It's just black with an elastic band that holds it closed. What i really love about it is taht it's got one whole page for everyday (divided into hours). It's ideal for uni---I can actually write down when all my classes are and there's still plenty of room left to jot down homework and such.

Merlin, I just realized something! Ugh, now this is seriously pissing me off! I'd better offline before I start spazzing in rage.

So until next time!!

MyWay25

No comments:

Post a Comment