Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back to One...

Well, what an afternoon...

I was going to enjoy some more friends episodes but i ended up chatting with my friend for hours. Due to a recent development, the conversation was mostly depressing and frustrating. But as the person in charge of sympathy and comfort-I can't really knock her on the head and say "Get over it!".

No, because that is mean and insensitive.

Which brings me to this:

PARENTS- why must you force your own beliefs upon your children. I realize that many parents think that their kids should automatically practice the same beliefs. But let's be honest here. This is the 21st century. And everyone has their own rights. Parents could have, if they want, a certain amount of influence over their child's live but they should not dictate every single thing. For example-this whole: You must marry a person of the same religion and nationality as you! Seriously! How is the kid suppose to control who they like. It is completely unfair to control someone like that!

Those rules and old-fashioned, and in my opinion, not practical.

Because what is wrong with an Indian person being together with, say a French person? Nothing! But those kinds of parents will say that is not how they were taught when they were young.

Well, all I can say is: TOO BAD!

It just so happens that during your youth, you did not have this freedom because you didn't fight for it! But if you did, you might have ended up differently. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with going out with whomever you like. (Well, unless he/she is a convict or someone who kills animals and babies---but that is usually not the case.)

Yeah---so I'm all riled up about this.

This kind of belief is almost like going back to the middle ages... or the 16th century!
When people could only marry people of the same ranking. How wrong is that!

All i can say is: FIGHT FOR YOUR FREEDOM!

OK--it's 8:14pm already and i still have to organize all my books...and seriously clean my room...then i gotta wash off that old layer of nail polish and repaint my nails...

ADIOS FOR NOW!

MyWay25

No comments:

Post a Comment