Friday, December 25, 2009

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!

Before anyone says "the correct term is Merry Christmas", let me just say that in Harry Potter, Hermione said "Happy Christmas" - so it is grammatically correct.

Also, I thought it was really cute.

Anyway--so my stomach pain is completely over and done with, meaning I no longer have a good excuse to lounge in bed after the morning hours. Thus, I've decided to be proactive and actually work on my TO-DO LIST for this holiday.

I am planning to read (and finish reading) John Locke's Second Treatise of Government and John Cameron Mitchell's Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

...Is it just me, or is Harry Potter everywhere today? I mean, HEDWIG! Sigh, i loved her. I remember wanting a white snowy owl so badly in my more manic days of Harry Potter fandom.

So yeah, I shall read these two (actually thin) books and hopefully watch Will It Snow For Christmas (WISFC) Ep.8 with English subs.

If you're reading this blog, it's probably because of either:

1. I bullied you into doing it OR 2. You accidentally stumbled across it and decided to see whether a 18 year old girl's life is really that mundane.

Therefore, chances are, you have NO IDEA what WISFC is all about. WISFC is a Korean melodrama that started airing this December. A melodrama=romance+lots and lots of angst. Now i used to be an avid watcher of all Korean dramas, but the plots has been pretty dismal of late--so i got bored. Hence, it's really lucky that i checked out Dramabean.com

It's a blog/site that focuses on exploring K-dramas. Dramabean OR Sarah has a great, witty writing style that i really enjoy reading. She writes a lot of drama recaps that summarizes and analyzes individual drama episodes (I initially checked out her site because she did an recap of Hero, which Lee Junki starrs in). Anyway, i refreshed the site and saw WISFC.

Now, the name didn't really seem all that interesting, but it caught my eye because it wasn't the usual kind of name K-dramas have (it's missing the word Love, first of all). So i read her recap of the first two episodes. And man oh man, it is good. I've come to realize that sometimes her recaps are better than watching the dramas themselves! But this isn't one of those cases. So i instantly went onto Mysoju and watched those two episodes. And they were amazing.

I don't know what it is about child actors--but they this innocence/ honesty that adult actors often lack. I always find that the latter's performances aren't as real or believable as the kid actors.

Anyway, for those of you that are interested, head over to dramabean's site and read about WISFC yourself! You won't regret it.

Now, the main story of WISFC is that of KJ and JW (I'll be using initals to save time). KJ is a gr.11 boy that just transferred high school and JW is a gr. 9 girl that's constantly causing mayhem unintentionally. Let me just say, the kid actor that portrays KJ is fantastic! He has this quiet, smoldering kind of charisma that gets under your skin. A rare case in K-dramas, the adult KJ is even better--acted by the immortal (imho) Go Soo (or is that Ko Soo?).

Go Soo came back from his mandatory military training about 2 years ago and he's better than ever. This guy used to have this gentle, cute kind of vibe---but now at age 30, he's suddenly become this manly hunk with the most amazing eyes.

THE EYES. I swear i am not exaggerating. If any eyes can penetrate to the depths of my soul, they are Go Soo's. Sigh---let me stop my fan-girling here.

The point is WISFC is worth a watch for the child actors, Go Soo and the storyline. It started off really great, but recently, the angst's got tuned up real high--so i hope it doesn't get overtly weepy and drags on.

It's 4:30pm and i haven't had anything to eat for the whole day. So i shall go grab myself some dinner and finally crack down on those books.

Happy Christmas everyone!

MyWay25

PS. This post is REALLY disjointed, i know. I kept trying not to drool over WISFC, so that's why i break myself off so many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment