Monday, December 28, 2009

Elated but tired...

Had a great time out yesterday!

I met up with a friend i haven't seen for months and we went out for a movie and shopping. We saw "It's Complicated" which starrs Meryl Streep (Okay, in fact, she's the reason we chose the film in the first place) and it was so-so. It's a feel good kind of movie since it's about two divorcees wondering if they still have feelings for each other while external issues complicate the matter.

I'm the kind of the girl who doesn't go to the movies as much as others. i go to the cinemas 4-5 times a year MAX. This year's an exception, since The Road, and Harry Potter 6 were supposed to show last year. So I'll have seen 7 movies before Jan 1, 2010.

-The Ugly Truth
-The Proposal
-HP6
-G.I. Joes
-The Road
-It's Complicated
-Ninja Assassin

This year is also strange, because G.I. Joes and Ninja Assassin are as far away from my genre of choice as possible. The only reason i watched the former was because of the smoldering Lee ByungHun and the latter because of Rain.

So if you minus those, i will have seen 5 movies.

The ones I've bolded are chick-flicks, meaning I was probably not the one who recommended seeing them. In my opinion, chick flicks can be enjoyed at home just as much as at the theater, for for a fraction of the cost. Movies like HP, and The Road, you need the huge screen and surround sound system to complete that movie experience.

Anyway, I vow to never spend money on chick-flicks movie tickets again.

I mean, if i minus the chick-flicks, i will have seen 4 movies. By the way, i cannot sacrifice G.I.Joes or Ninja Assassin because watching their movies is the only way i can support my fave. artists, since i don't buy any of their merchandise. Years ago, i was going to to go Rain's concert, i paid 250$ and all. But in the end, the venue was not adequately prepared by the sponsor so it got cancelled. I remember being upset about that for days, since it was a rare chance that Rain came to Canada.

Anyway--i spent $180 yesterday, including movie tickets, food and shopping. I must say, this is a grande amount for one trip. Rich, shopaholics may laugh at this "measely" amount, since they spurge $500 everytime, but i am very pleased with my purchases.

-$12-Movie ---i paid w/ gift card, thus not in the 180)
-$10-food/drink
-$25-leggings from Jacob (i've them forever---the price isn't the best, but it's cheapper than a lot of places i've tried. And besides, miraculously, i canfit into an XS, so that made me feel good)
-$28-turquiose shirt dress from fcuk. (Carrie says she doesn't like it, but i disagree. It's not bad, and it got marked down to25$ from the original price of 109$!!! Besides, i really need dresses. Having been a sort of tomyboy for most of my teenage life, I have like zero dresses. And since there are tons of events at uni-i have nothing to wear!)
-$25-La Senza (my best buy! It feels indecent to talk about undergarments on a blog so i'll refrain. But !!!!!!!!!!! 10 for 30 bucks! And i had a 5$ off coupon.)
-$22-Jeans from Jacob C. (According to Carrie, jeans are supposed to be tight tight even if they're not skinny jeans. I don't know, tight clothes make me feel suffocated sometimes. But these look good, which never happens on a frist try for me. It takes me at least 5 different pairs to find the right wash and fit, so this is incredible. And cheap too!)
-$75-Leather wedge boots. (Finally! I have been looking around since practically the fall for boots. My dad has very specific requirements, so it's really impossible to find such a pair. This one doesn't fit all the critirias, and Dad expressed that when he saw it, but it's the best i can do. Also, it makes me taller AND it was 50% off! It was 130$ originally)

I don't think i missed anything--but yeah, that's what i got yesterday. I'm a very very picky shopper and i never get something without going to other stores to shop for a better deal. In my opinion, clothes often never fit me the way they're suppose to. For example, i tried on at least 10 different dresses, but only found one satisfactory. There was 3 others taht looked good, but were 100$ each-meaning they weren't really reduced prices. And the rest, some too clingy, long, thin, you mean it. I feel really exposed in clothes that are both thin and drappy--so that rules a lot of things out.

So here's what my list of outings for the rest of the holiday:

-Dec 30---lunch with friend (10?)
-Dec 30---movie and dinner with other friends (12? +20 at the most)
-Jan 2 ---Lunch and movie marathon (dvds) (15$)
-Chapters (not sure when this will happen, but it must--i still haven't gone!) ($5 for coffee)

The grand total comes to a whopping $62!! This plus the 200 i already spent =262!

Sigh, there goes my "going to save up for mic" plan. I mean, i still have money, but it's so depressing qatching that account balance drop like a waterfall.

I should really get a job this summer. For real--i must get one! Or at least some kind of internship so i gain some experience!

Must get back to life now,

MyWay25

PS. If i feel up to it, i'll take pics of the stuff I bought later.

No comments:

Post a Comment